Thursday, April 26, 2012

Aha!

TOday was a day of an "Aha!" moment. I have been reading the seven successful habit for successful people by steven r covey. I must be butchering everything right now but oh well i'll go back and change it. Ok so I have been reading this book and it says how sometimes your perception of things is way off. It uses the analogy of having goal to be somewhere in chicago but you are just getting lost because your map is a map of Detroit and no matter how you hold it where you put it you will just get even more lost and no matter how great you attitude is towards where you are it is not going to change the fact that you are in chicago and you have a detroit map that is not helping you get anywhere. I don't know that it makes any sense of what I just said BUT.. Its saying how if we have the wrong perception of live words and phrases will not substitute that perception. You need to change the perception to makes real changes. 
Here is what I learned today. So i went to go watch The Vow and if you have not seen it do not read ahead. I learned that if you are making the right decision and you are in tune with the spirit you will become the person that God wants you to be. Then you are are that person and you have been prepared you will meet that person that is right for you. Even if you have meet them before, you need to become a certain person to be with them and if your not there yet it wont work out. It wont be easy. it will be forced. i just feel like i need to grow and become someone that the lord wants me to be so that i can become the right girl for the right guy to be with me. I don't know that any of this made any sense but it makes sense now to me. This movie made me change my perception of dating and become my best self. Also Marion changed my perception of being my best self. " Am I being the kind of girl that I would want my brother to date? I am super critical of girls that by brother hangs out with but and I a girl that I would approve of him dating and hanging out with? If I don't approve of my actions no one will.  I need to become some one that I approve of morally and spiritually. 
I need some work and i want to be someone who can say No when the time is appropriate and say yes when it is right. I need to understand that saying NO is not a bad thing but it is something that needs to be said in order to move forward to something greater.  It like taking the road less travled but it leads to a better future. Taking the road less traveled is not easy but i have hope that it leads to something greater than I have had up untill now. 

Love Always,
Noemi

No comments:

Post a Comment