Friday, October 5, 2012

"Have I Ever Told You That You Are Very Pretty..."


Everything always changes..
Same changes.

I thought I was done. Life hurts sometimes. And sometimes its just you against the world.

Ben Gibbard is probably one of my favorite artists. The songs Summer Skins and Tiny Vessels have never hit me so hard as they have these past two week. It describes the scenarios that I am in only i'm the girl that he is talking about.



Summer Skins

"Squeaky swings and tall grass 
The longest shadows ever cast 
The water's warm and children swim 
And we frolicked about in our summer skin 

I don't recall a single care 
Just greenery and humid air 
Then Labor day came and went 
And we shed what was left of our summer skin 

On the night you left I came over 
And we peeled the freckles from our shoulders 
Our brand new coats so flushed and pink
And I knew your heart, I couldn't win
Cause the seasons change was a conduit 
And we left our love in our summer skin"




Tiny Vessels 

This is the moment that you know
That you told her that you loved her but you don't.
You touch her skin and then you think
That she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me.
Yeah, she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me.

I spent two weeks in Silverlake
The California sun cascading down my face
There was a girl with light brown streaks
And she was beautiful but she didn't mean a thing to me.
Yeah she was beautiful but she didn't mean a thing to me.

Wanted to believe in all the words that i was speaking
As we moved together in the dark
And all the friends that i was telling
And all the playful misspellings
And every bite i gave you left a mark

Tiny vessels oozed into your neck
And formed the bruises
That you said you didn't want to fade
But they did and so did i that day

All i see are dark grey clouds
In the distance moving closer with every hour
So when you ask "was something wrong?"
That i think "you're damn right there is but we can't talk about it now. 
No, we can't talk about it now."



So one last touch and then you'll go
And we'll pretend that it meant something so much more
But it was vile, and it was cheap
And you are beautiful but you don't mean a thing to me

No comments:

Post a Comment